la.plume is a small, open source flat file system to build fast, simple websites
A flat-file Micro CMS created by Patrick Taylor
It's tiny—micro-featherweight in fact. Create / edit super-fast web pages in a couple of clicks, with add to menu, title tag, page heading, plus an option for password protection. Add new pages and images in seconds from anywhere online. Database not required. Skill not required. Create W3C standards and search engine friendly web pages through the admin panel of just six pages.
Why use a micro CMS?
la.plume micro CMS is simple to use and should appeal to non-tech users who simply want to publish clean uncluttered web pages without installing a large complex platform like WordPress or Drupal with features you will never need. With this micro-CMS installed, your website can be developed and managed with ease from any computer with a web connection. You don't need to be expert in HTML but if you like to dabble, HTML markup can be manually added to enhance the pages with sub-headings, hyperlinks, images, tables, lists, and emphasized text. Plus you can play with the stylesheet to change its look.
- You own the site, on your web server
- As many web pages as you like
- Choice of themes: Default and White
- Choice of site languages
- Pre-moderated comments (via email)
- Contact page with contact form
- Password-protected pages option
- Site search (optional)
- Doesn't use a database (no need for web caching)
- 'Friendly' URLs with no file suffixes
- Edit stylesheet in backend admin
- Runs on Apache web server with PHP
- Easy to backup and switch web hosts