Mecha is a file-based CMS.
It does not require any database. Almost all files are stored as plain text files which grouped into folders, which you can even edit it manually through a plain text editor application.
Mecha focused on a principle that, a static website must be personal, portable, light and easy to be exported and backed up. However, this doesn’t mean that Mecha is powerless.
Mecha has fairly flexible set of API that you can use without having to make it bloated, keeping you happy focused on developing your own website, according to your personality.
- It is easy to write an article using Markdown.
- Don’t forget the ability to turn the Markdown ON and OFF.
- Live preview Markdown to HTML.
- Lots of Widgets.
- Lots of Plugins.
- The potential to make it multi-language - depends on the existence of the translation contributors.
- Built-in commenting system.
- Custom Fields.
- RSS and Sitemap.
- Easy to use and well documented API.
- Site backup and restore.